Animal rights are a topic close to our heart, and together with SEY (the Finnish Federation for Animal Welfare Associations) we want to help make life better for animals in Finland and around the world. At our launch event, Off The Leash, you’ll have the chance to hear from and chat with SEY representatives about the importance of community. Interested? Come join us to listen to our panel discussion and enjoy the party! But first, here’s a bit of background on SEY.
The Finnish Federation for Animal Welfare Associations (SEY)…
- aims to ensure the welfare of all of our society’s animals
- helps suffering animals and aims to prevent problems
The three pillars of animal welfare according to SEY are…
- The right to good treatment as well as positive feelings and experiences
- The right to natural behavior and the environment to enable such behavior
- The right to wellbeing, good health, and ability
The ultimate aim is respect for all animals, as they all deserve a good life. Together we have decided to fight for animal rights, because our friends’ wellbeing is of the utmost importance to us.
At our launch event Off The Leash you can chat with our team and SEY representatives. We’ll also be offering lots of other cool things to do, eat, and drink — and we’ll be handing out goodie bags for your furry friends as well! You can read more about the event here on our blog.
See you tonight at 5 PM at Microsoft Flux (Korkeavuorenkatu 35, Helsinki)!